Origine, Technip Energies’ new headquarters: a firm commitment to the energy transition.
Origine, Technip Energies’ new headquarters, is an environmental benchmark. Its demanding environmental approach and interior layout will provide a state of the art work environment for Techip Energies’ employees as of September 2021. This initiative is perfectly in line with the company's new energy transition strategy.
Reduce the construction and exploitation carbon footprint of sites occupied by Technip Energies.
Origine is a large 70,000 m² office building programme developed by Icade. Technip Energies will occupy almost 80% of this building complex, i.e. 51,000 m², to accommodate approximately 2,500 of its employees from various functions (finance, communication, project teams, HR, etc.).
Designed by Maud Caubet Architectes and Quadri Fiore Architecture, Technip Energies’ headquarters reflects a demanding environmental approach:
- Hybrid timber-concrete structure with 25,000 m² of wood flooring,
- Creation of a low-carbon energy centre for the following needs:
- Geothermal energy from water,
- Supplementation by a district heating network (ENERTHERM – 50% renewable energy),
- Roof equipped with solar panels,
- Energy recovery from the condenser network and server rooms,
- Green roofs (6,500 m² of gardens, patios, loggias, terraces, etc.).
- Energy management and hygrothermal comfort is ensured through the use of ventilated double-skinned façades with integrated solar protection, depending on exposure
- Optimized management of energy consumption through data collection that allows for precise measurement of all consumption and the impact of each contributor.
Icade has currently obtained the following certifications/labels:
- Wiredscore Platinum
- R2S 3 stars
And is expecting feedback shortly on the following certifications/labels:
- HQE 2016 Excellent
- BREEAM 2016 Excellent
- LEED V4 Gold
- WELL Core & Shell Silver
- E+C- (E2C2)
ORIGINE participated in the Nature 2050 commitment by investing in the CasCioMar (Cassis-La Ciotat-Marseille) carbon offsetting project, a project chosen by Technip Energies, which aims at restoring marine environments on the Marseille coastline.
Origine was designed and developed using building information modelling (BIM), which can be used for operation and maintenance.
The lease in future state of completion (BEFA) that Technip Energies has entered into with Icade has enabled it to jointly build a project that is in line with its energy transition commitments. In keeping with the building labels and certifications currently being obtained by Icade, the company is now working on obtaining operator labels and certifications for Origine, one year after taking over the building and setting up its teams.
Direct emissions generated by the company's activity.
Indirect emissions associated with the company's electricity and heat consumption.
Emissions induced (upstream or downstream) by the company's activities, products and/or services in its value chain.
Carbon sinks creation, (BECCS, CCU/S, …)
Emissions avoided by the activities, products and/or services in charge of the project, or by the financing of emission reduction projects.
Scope 2 - This project will significantly reduce our electrical consumption greenhouse gas emissions.
The building will be occupied by the teams as of September 2021;At that point, we will be able to accurately quantify our reduction of emissions relative to our former building
Scope 3 - This project will optimise water management, consumption of consumables (shared post) and waste recycling.
- The building will be occupied by the teams as of September 2021;
At that point, we will be able to accurately quantify our reduction of emissions relative to our former building
NA at this time
This project contributes to the following SDGs:
– SDG 7 Clean and affordable energy (geothermal energy, energy recovery..)
– SDG Industry, innovation, infrastructure (mixed wood/concrete structure, BIM model..)
– SDG 12 Sustainable consumption and production (optimized management of water, consumables, waste…)
– SDG 13 Climate change (low-carbon energy pole, photovoltaic panels, etc.)
– SDG 15 Land life (green spaces, compensation project).
A partnership with Icade has been entered into through this project via the signature of a lease in future state of completion.